Services: Practice Areas
- Negotiate and draft various agreements, such as broker agreements, purchase and sale agreements, marketing agreements, employment agreements, and warehouse agreements.
- Provide opinion letters related to such contracts.
Examinations And File Reviews
- On-site examination of client’s office to review and discuss the client’s overall operations, policies and procedures, loan files, etc.
- Review designed to detect potential violations.
- Written report prepared to assist client in correcting any problems noted.
Federal & State Law Compliance
- Licensing and Approvals.
- Advise clients on the license required to conduct business in each state based upon the type of entity and manner of business to be conducted, resulting in a multi-state licensing chart.
- Complete the necessary applications for qualification (also known as registration to conduct business as a foreign corporation).
- Complete multi-state licenses, registration or exemption applications.
- Maintain qualifications and licenses by creating tracking charts and calendaring systems, sending four written reminders commencing sixty days before a renewal is due, and complete and submit all necessary renewal forms.
- State Law Outlines and Databases State law compliance tools which address topics such as interest (including rates, calculation, accrual, day count), finance charges, other broker imposed and third party charges, broker fees, late charges, returned check charges, prepayment penalties, rebates of finance charges required upon prepayment, disclosures (pre-closing, closing and servicing), record keeping, reporting requirements, advertisements, telemarketing and collections.
Human Resources & Employment
- Assist clients with compliance with employment laws including wage and hour (Fair Labor Standards Act and analogous state laws), anti-discrimination (Title 7 and 1981 claims), and the Family Medical Leave Act.
- Draft employee manuals and train the client’s staff regarding the applicable employment laws, including sexual harassment.
- Respond to EEOC and state agency employment charges and defend our clients in employment litigation.
- Perform on-going monitoring and notice of proposed legislation.
- Provide notice of new state and federal legislation affecting the credit and collection industry.
- Provide notice of regulatory agency action before and after it becomes final.
- Provide notice of important case law developments.
- Implement law changes impacting a client’s business.
Manuals & Disclosures
- Manuals and/or charts addressing licensing, fees, disclosures, and other state and federal law compliance requirements.
- Manuals for compliance with government-insured lending programs.
- Disclosures applicable to a client’s business and license status.
- Employee handbooks.
- Please contact the firm for the current predatory lending chart which includes analysis of federal, state, and local predatory lending statements and regulations. email@example.com
- Counsel clients with regard to compliance with state and federal privacy laws, such as Gramm-Leach-Bliley, Fair Credit Reporting Act, FACTA, and Red Flag Rules.
- Assist clients with state and federal law compliance as they develop new products or expand into new markets.
- Ensure that all features of the products comply with applicable laws.
- Draft the documents for such loan products.
- Assist clients with RESPA compliance, including how to increase loan volume while remaining compliant with Section 8.
- Counsel clients with regard to marketing agreements, joint ventures, and other methods.