- Monitoring and notice to clients of new state, federal, and local legislation.
- Predatory lending documents and calculation tools to comply with state, federal, and local legislation.
- Calculation and analysis of points and fees and rates at flat fee per file.
- Manuals and/or charts addressing licensing, fees, disclosures, and other state and federal law compliance requirements.
- Manuals for compliance with government-insured lending programs. Disclosures applicable to a client’s business and license status.
- On-site examination of client’s office to review and discuss the client’s overall operations, policies and procedures, loan files, etc.
- Review designed to detect potential violations.
- Written report prepared to assist client in correcting any problems noted.
- Defense of individual and class actions involving a vast array of allegations, including, but not limited to, yield spread premiums, fees, state and federaldisclosures and insurance matters.
- Help clients respond to various levels of inquiries from state and federal regulators, and government-sponsored enterprises, both formally and informally.
- Assist our clients in recovering losses by asserting claims against title companies, closing agents, other service providers, and downstream lenders/brokers.
Post-Closing And Quality Control Reviews
- File reviews for per file fee.
- Predatory lending analysis and points and fees calculations.
- Negotiate and draft various agreements, such as broker agreements, purchase and sale agreements, marketing agreements, employment agreements, and warehouse agreements.
- Provide opinion letters related to such contracts.
- Counsel clients with regard to compliance with state and federal privacy laws, such as Gramm-Leach-Bliley, Fair Credit Reporting Act, FACTA, and Red Flag Rules.
- Assist clients with state and federal law compliance as they develop new products or expand into new markets.
- Ensure that all features of the products comply with applicable laws.
- Draft the documents for such loan products.
- Assist clients with RESPA compliance, including how to increase loan volume while remaining compliant with Section 8.
- Counsel clients with regard to marketing agreements, joint ventures, and other methods.
- Instruct client’s staff regarding state and federal law compliance.