I will be chairing ABA’s Sixth National Institute on Consumer Financial Services Basics on October 8-9, 2015 at the Waterview Conference Center in Arlington, VA. This annual in-person educational institute is designed to expose practitioners to key areas of Consumer Financial Services law, including:
- History and development of federal and state consumer financial services laws
- Truth in lending and disclosure requirements
- Fair lending
- Financial privacy and credit reporting
- Data security, fraud prevention, and identity theft protection
- Consumer communications: FDCPA, TCPA, TSR, Can-Spam, and others
- Asset account regulation
- Installment credit
- Mortgage origination and servicing
- Litigation and enforcement actions
For more information and to register for the program, please click here. You will receive $100 off the non-government registration rate by entering discount code CE15CPDNIVIP at check-out.
I hope to see you there!